LEAR is polarizing critics and audiences. Young Jean Lee’s LEAR has received a stunning reaction! We can’t think of a production at our theater that has swung more people to the extremes than this one. Readers have reacted to reviews–and even editorials–in droves.
Below you will find links to some of this critical and public reaction. We have included reviews, as well as blog discussions, which are raving away. Leave us a message and let us know what you think. Has Young Jean Lee made a mess of Shakespeare or has she made one of the world’s most famous plays uniquely her own?
- The New York Times review.
- Read Time Out New York David Cote’s blog post, as well as his piece for London’s The Guardian newspaper. (You will need to scroll down a ways.)
- Read Hilton Als’ “hot mess” review for The New Yorker.
- Read electric responses from audience members to The New York Times review of our production.
- Read an audience member’s response on the web blog Culturebot.
- The Associated Press
- The Daily News
- NY Post
- …pursued by a bear
- The Village Voice
They have all weighed in, now what do you think? Leave us a comment below. We’d love to hear from you.